Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
The FSQ Food Safety Coordinator is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the HACCP program for the Wakefield, NE facility. This position has the responsibility to comply with Safety work rules at all times as well as an obligation to reinforce Safety as a Core Value. Ensures that all policies, procedures and activities, related to Food Safety & Quality, are followed and complied with uniformly, in an effort to reduce product and process variability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitors HACCP and prerequisite records to ensure HACCP guidelines are followed.
- Performs or oversees Preventive Controls for Human Food and Preventive Controls for Animal Feed:
- Preparation of food safety plans
- Validation of preventive controls
- Records review
- Reanalysis of food safety plans
- Maintains records relative to SQF and can demonstrate SQF knowledge in conjunction with plant policies and procedures during audits.
- Maintains and monitors all identified critical control points in the dryers, food service, hardcooked, breaking, transfer, receiving and warehouse areas to reduce the risk associated with each control point.
- Prepares and participates in all customer and third-party audits.
- Coordinates and leads Internal Audit team
- Follows proper SOP's (Standard Operation Procedures).
- Maintains policies, SOP's and forms in MiSource.
- Prepares and conducts GMP, HACCP and Preventive Control training for all personnel at orientation and on an annual basis; maintains training matrix.
- Maintains record retention for production and FSQ records.
- Assumes personal responsibility to insure safe and healthy workplace for everyone. Adheres to all safety policies and procedures and incorporates safety and health in all jobs and tasks.
- Adheres to Quality work practices, follows GMP's, maintains sanitary conditions and ensures that product quality is maintained. Reports to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety and quality.
- Insures regulatory compliance at all times.
- Available to work weekends, holidays and overtime as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPEREINCE REQUIRED:
- Associate's degree in Science, Food Science or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS::
- Safe Quality Foods (SQF) Program knowledge with the ability to achieve SQF Practitioner status.
- HACCP training and/or the ability to obtain HACCP certification.
- Knowledge of products, HACCP principles that are critical to the plant, microbiology and food processing machinery.
- Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) training.
- Intermediate computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word).
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired. Must demonstrate open and honest communication.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in group situations. Ability to respond to questions from internal/external customers/vendors at all levels including management.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Demonstrates the ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships and work effectively with others to complete work assignments.
- Able to work independently or with others in a team environment depending upon the assignment.
- Self-motivated while also willing to ask questions and seek direction.
- Displays responsible behavior at work.
- Open to change.
- Ability to work in cold, wet, noisy, dusty and humid environments.